Smile One Services is a Grand Haven based Dental Service Organization, providing business services to West Michigan dental offices. Salary plus benefits. Position is 3-5 days per week with negotiable (but consistent) schedule; expecting total to be approximately 30 hours per week. This is an excellent opportunity for a business professional to balance work and family. Please send resume to Paige@SmileOneServices.com
Human Resource Coordinator
The HR Coordinator will carry out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, payroll, benefits administration, on-boarding, and policy implementation and employment law compliance.
- Address any employee relations questions and issues that can’t be handled by team leads. Identify, recommend, and implement solutions
- Counsel leadership on employee performance issues, employee relations concerns, etc.
- Conduct exit interviews, review data and make recommendations to leadership for continuous improvement
- Serve as a liaison between employees and leadership
- Manage Flock communication portal
- Maintain company directory and other organizational charts
- Insperity Software (time card and PTO) lead
- Point of contact for payroll processor, including providing complete payroll information to payroll processor
- Train team leads to provide complete and accurate payroll processing, and PTO management
- Analyze and maintain the company’s salary budget/compensation program
- Liaison between team and insurance benefit administrator(s). This includes initial enrollment, renewals, communicating benefit information to employees, changes and cancellations, and required paperwork as requested by administrator.
- Coordinates administration of unemployment benefits
- Work with hiring department to oversee hiring process, including coordinating and approving job posts, administering pre-employment tests and performing reference checks
- Facilitate on-boarding process and new hire orientation. Set up of all systems and benefits related to new employment
- Ensure new hire paperwork is completed and processed
Policy Implementation and Employment Law Compliance
- Oversee file management system for all personnel files and records
- Maintain job descriptions
- Process all personnel disciplinary action, ensuring proper approval. Coach, counsel and guide leadership/supervisors before executing employee disciplinary actions
- Manage company’s handbook on policies and procedures; recommend new policies, approaches, and procedures as needed
- Partner with leadership to communicate HR policies and procedures
- Ensure all HR policies and requirements remain compliant in accordance with federal, state, and local laws
- Initiates and obtains approval for changes in salary
Bachelor’s degree in business related field with demonstrated understanding of human resource laws; or equivalent experience. Broad understanding of human resources principles, practices, and procedures. Ability to handle matters of confidentiality discreetly and work with employees on issues requiring varying degrees of sensitivity. Ability to lead and manage complex projects and programs; research and recommend new programs and coordinate necessary resources.